When I shared Seven Things Every Christian Woman Should Regularly Give Her Husband, I thought it would be a one-off post. But one of my readers raised the valid point of the need to always ensure there is a counter-balance in a loving relationship.
In response to that apt observation, I am writing this post to highlight some of the expectations from the husband as well. While the former post was for a predominantly women audience, this is directed mainly at men.
That not withstanding, if you are a (married) woman reading this, be sure to continue reading to the end. I assure you, you will not regret it.
Now here are:
8 Things Every Christian Man Should Regularly Give His Wife
- This is the first thing a Christian man should give his wife. It is commanded of him by the Lord.
- The wife expects her husband to love her wholeheartedly and unconditionally. Your wife is not perfect, but you should love her still!
- A husband should ensure that the wife’s (emotional, physical, financial, spiritual) needs are provided for.
- Not providing for the woman will leave her feeling stressed, frustrated and insecure.
- The husband should provide protection to the wife against the harmful effects of the elements, hurtful people and other harmful things;
- The husband should provide security to the wife so she has “freedom from, or resilience against, potential harm (or other unwanted coercive change) from external forces.”
- The christian husband should provide all kinds of leadership, including spiritual leadership, to the wife.
- The wife may be disillusioned if the husband fails to show or lead the way.
- Commitment in marriage is a journey not a destination. The husband should daily demonstrate his commitment to his wife.
- The wife expects her husband to be committed to her and only her. The commitment is not for a short while, she (rightly) expects it to be forever.
- The Christian man should not share his affection with any other woman; he should continue to demonstrate continuing loyalty and support to his wife only.
- The man should emotionally and intimately commit to being faithful to his wife. He should not seek sexual gratification from anyone other than his wife.
- The wife is called the help-meet for the husband. But that doesn’t mean the husband cannot be a helper to the wife too.
- A wife expects her husband to help out (especially with the chores) around the house.
- The husband should seek to understand and share the feelings of his wife.
- He should give a listening ear to his wife, be patient with her and forgive her a million times in a day.
Remember what the Bible says:
“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.” Ephesians 5:25-27 NIV.
Thank you for reading my thoughts. Feel free to tell me what you think in the comment section.
©Copyright 2018|Victor Uyanwanne