I Can’t Convince You There is God

God exists

I believe there is a God who loves me.
I know Him as my heavenly Father.
I came to know Him by faith,
Faith in His Son Jesus Christ alone.

I say to you there is God in heaven
But you wouldn’t believe me one bit
All you ever do is scoff at the holy idea
That there is a God who made all things.

You see the Sun, the Moon and the Stars;
The Oceans and seas, trees and the wild…
All are enough proofs there must be a God
But you chose to believe what you want.

no one can convince you there is God

You say it is foolishness to believe God exists.
But truly, the fool is the one who believes not.
Trusting in your worldly wisdom
You are ending up being a big fool.

You said to convince you there is God
But no matter how much I try to do so
You wouldn’t see the sense in my point of view
Because your mind is closed to spiritual truth.

How long wouldn’t you believe there’s God?
How long can you live without believing God exists?
Don’t you know even your breadth is from God?
Remember one day you would be gone from here.

I can’t convince you there is God
You’ll have to discover Him by yourself.
And your lifetime is the only chance you’ve got
It’ll be too late once you’ve crossed the Rubicon.

©Copyright 2018 | Victor Uyanwanne

16 thoughts on “I Can’t Convince You There is God

1. God's Warrior Feb 28, 2018 / 6:34 pm

This is a great post, Victor. I really enjoyed the poem about how despite trying to convince someone that there is a God, they won’t believe. But, that is the world we live in today, some people have become so close-minded and shut themselves from God that they’ve convinced themselves that there isn’t a God.

You are right in the end though, this life is all we have to acknowledge and know God because once we leave the Earth, we have effectively “crossed the Rubicon” and can’t go back. Every day is a gift from God and each day that we are alive is another day for people to come and know who He is.

Liked by 1 person

• VictorsCorner Feb 28, 2018 / 9:54 pm

Thanks so much for the validation. I’m glad you like the poem.

To be honest, I just can’t imagine how someone is able to convince himself that there is no God. I think it is self deception to do so.

It must really be frustrating to be an atheist. How I wish their hearts and eyes would be opened to the reality of the existence of God.

2. essiep Feb 23, 2018 / 5:25 am

No matter how much I try to convince you, there just isn’t any evidence.

• VictorsCorner Feb 23, 2018 / 5:31 am

You can choose to ignore the evidence. No problems. You see what you want to see.

• essiep Feb 23, 2018 / 8:00 am

I could if there were any. All anybody can offer is quotations from an unreliable book filled with contradictions.
        Unless you actually have evidence, go on surprise me!

• VictorsCorner Feb 23, 2018 / 9:03 am

I can see how well you fit into the mould of the post. What else will I possibly tell you that you might not have possibly heard before?

Anyone that seeks God with a heart of faith will find Him. If you can’t find Him, it doesn’t mean He is non existent. Entirely up to you!

• essiep Feb 23, 2018 / 9:09 am

That amount sums up the problem. You propose a special kind of knowledge that is only accessible to people with a propensity to faith.
            If God were real, no ‘heart of faith’ would be necessary.

• VictorsCorner Feb 23, 2018 / 4:31 pm

You may not want to be persuaded. But as I stated in the post, you have to discover God by yourself. Unfortunately, without faith you are helpless.

• essiep Feb 23, 2018 / 5:04 pm

That’s what you said before. It certainly sounds like a waste of time.

• VictorsCorner Feb 23, 2018 / 5:43 pm

There is a reason you keep coming back here. Something in you tells you there might be a God. But I doubt if you would admit.