I have been a dad only for a couple of years. And in these few years, I have come to realise that parenting is a great privilege and a humbling responsibility as well.
“Anyone can be father, but it takes a special person to be a dad.”
Through its’ highs and lows as a dad, there are many lessons one can gradually learn about a dad and his children. While it is one thing to be a dad, it is another thing to be a humble dad.
This post is about being a humble dad. I believe that becoming a humble dad will make you become a better dad. Therefore I present to you
10 things about a humble dad you should know
1. A humble dad apologises to his kids when he does something wrong to them.
2. A humble dad knows he does not understand every thing his children say, but he actively seeks to understand them more.
3. Only a humble dad will acknowledge that he does not know everything; there are things he can learn from his kids.
4. A humble dad knows that he is not perfect but he still strives to be the best he can be for his children.
5. A humble dad acknowledges that his children are indeed God’s heritage in his care and he treats them as such.
6. A humble dad knows that he cannot meet all the needs of his children without support from Above so he actively seeks the help of God through prayer.
7. A humble dad knows that his children are not perfect but he has to love them despite their imperfections.
8. A humble dad forgives his children all their wrongs because he too needs forgiveness from the Father above.
9. A humble dad values his time but he doesn’t mind spending valuable time with his children.
10. A humble dad knows that he is not just a father, he is also a teacher who should take delight in teaching things to his children.
What is your own idea about being a humble dad? Tell us what you think.
©Copyright 2017 | Victor Uyanwanne