Written by Victor Uyanwanne
Have you ever asked yourself some serious questions? Has anyone ever dared to ask you any question that unnerved you?
Are you making the best sense of your life now?
Are you satisfied with the status quo you found yourself in?
Can the answers you get by asking yourself some unusual questions help improve your lot in life?
Has any question ever challenged you to seeking better ways of leading a happier, healthier and even wealthier life?
You will agree with me that asking appropriate questions is good. That is exactly what I felt like doing in this post: ask you a few surprising questions.
You are free to ask your own questions as well. But first please spare a few minutes more and read to the end of this discourse. Then you can release your own repertoire of questions: to me, to yourself and to any other person you deem fit.
That’s why we are here: to inspire one another to live a better and happier life.
You shouldn’t leave this world without at least one book to your name.Tweet
I will begin by holding up my own end; I am going to ask you a few fundamental questions.
You don’t owe me any answers. But you do owe it to yourself to sincerely resolve the questions I am putting across in this post.
Here are 6 startling questions I would like to ask you. I hope that the answer you will give to at least one of them will spur you to living a more meaningful life:
1. Do you know the purpose of your existence in life?
You are not in this world for nothing. Just as everything in life exists for a purpose, you were created for a purpose.
The greatest joy in life comes from doing what you were created to do. Your greatest value to humanity is embedded in fulfilling your life’s purpose. Therein also lies your greatest eternal reward.
Your reward doesn’t come from running other people’s races, but in running yours. If you want to hear the Master say, “Well done, good and faithful servant,” you must be sure to find out what the Master wants you to do in your lifetime and seek to get it done.
2. Are you satisfied with where you are in life right now?
If you are not, are you doing anything to change your position? Remember that popular cliché, “You can achieve anything you set your mind on.” That’s something to think about!
No matter where you are or have achieved, there is still room for more.
- You desire spiritual growth? Work at it.
- You want a fitter body? Be given to regular physical exercise and mind your diet as well.
- You feel ignorant in some fields? Take up reading in those areas.
- You desire to have quality time with your family? Create it.
The point here is that, if you are not satisfied with where you are, do something to improve on it.
3. What talent do you have that you haven’t really explored yet?
It is generally believed that most people never fully harness all their potentials in their lifetime. But you can be a different statistic.
Look at yourself very well and also elicit the opinions of friends and family. You will come up with an idea of any latent talent you have that you can further explore.
You are not in this world for nothing. Just as everything in life exists for a purpose, you were created for a purpose.Tweet
I have been involved in other professions for most of my working life. Now I am beginning to exploring my writing skills. That was what gave birth to this blog. You would probably not have known that I existed if not for this step.
My humble advice would be for you to find out what talent you have that you have not really explored. Begin to use it and be a blessing to the world around you and afar off.
4. Are you regularly doing the same thing in the same way while expecting a different result?
That, we are told, is another definition of insanity. I once heard a popular American international televangelist say, “If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got”.
That’s simple, isn’t it? Like they say in elementary computing, “garbage in garbage out.” So if you want a different result, do things differently. You might be surprised at what you will get.
Take a different route to the destination you have always visited. At least the different scenery you will see along the new route will be a needed breath of fresh air.
5. Have you ever considered writing a book?
You should be doing that if you haven’t done so by now. One of my greatest desires in life is to write books that will positively impact peoples’ lives.
You shouldn’t leave this world without at least one book to your name.
When your life passes away your voice will cease. But through your books, you could still be speaking from the grave. If nothing else, the world could use your (auto)biography. There are unique things about your life history and experiences that posterity will learn from.
No one can tell your story like you would do. Write a book, tell the world your story.
6. Are you one of those who believe that there is no God?
If yes, be aware that you have believed a lie that has an eternal consequence if not remedied. I will be frank with you on this: God exists whether you believe it or not. The earlier you can find out about Him for yourself the better for you both in time and in eternity.
Permit me to use this medium to tell you that right now God is calling you into a relationship with Him through His only Son Jesus Christ. Forget about what you were told, dismantle your previous mindset on this and seek God yourself with an open mind. Give Jesus an invitation into your heart and I can assure you He will honor it.
Recommended: 20 questions to help you restrategise your life post lockdown
Where you touched by any of the above questions? What are the answers you have for any of the questions, or do you feel like asking more questions? Let’s share with one another in the comment section.
©Copyright | Victor Uyanwanne
1. I think so. Last year, my girlfriend and I were at the beach and my son asked me can he go outside on the balcony to pray. This was the first time he had ever asked. I let him. He went on the balcony and closed the door. Apparently, he was trying to get back in the room and I didn’t see him. My girlfriend did. She went outside on the balcony with him and asked him could she pray with him. He said sure. She asked could they hold hands and he said yes. She said that my son prayed over her life like a grown man. She said he was asking God for things she hadn’t even shared with me. She started crying from my 6 year old praying over her. She comes into the room visibly emotional and I was questioning what was going on. My son had sat down and started watching TV and laughing at cartoons. She told me what happened and said, “I believe that your purpose was to birth your son and lead him to God because he’s destined to lead God’s people.” In some ways it made sense that I was supposed to mother and birth this young man making sure that he knows, loves, appreciates and respects all that we have and don’t because our God doesn’t make mistakes.
2. Yes, I am satisfied with my life right now. I’m working on things that I want to change instead of constantly complaining about it.
3. Yes, my talent is writing.
6. Absolutely not. I believe and know that there is a God.
Thanks for the responses. Good to know your boy is growing in the way of the Lord…That should be the desire as parents, to raise godly children.
Have you published the book yet? Regards.
Thank you. Nope, I’m working on my book. Hopefully soon. It’s a lot with working and being a parent so I write when I can.
That’s all right. I trust you will keep us posted once it is published. Thanks.
This is awesome. If one can act this you become a better person in term of being a role model to people around. Hence this is what one should always read over and over again to channel a new course for one’s life.
Thank you MUYIWA. Glad you found it useful.
Thanks for those poignant questions. I have actually written a book but I’m planning to give it out free online.
Poignant? Hope I didn’t startle you too much?
I congratulate you on your book. So thoughtful of you to consider giving it out for free.
Reblogged this on From guestwriters and commented:
For sure every one of us has many questions. Some of them gets answered in our lifetime, others look like we have to fish for them in a dry pond.
Thanks for the reblog, for reading and commenting.
You are welcome.